Training to use Email more effectively
Communicating by email can be a very effective means of communication if used correctly. Many times however, email is overused or misused and this is having a negative effect on people and their productivity in organisations.
Using Email more effectively is a short and punchy training program designed to help people in organisations use emails more effectively. Many organisations are drowning in a sea of ineffective email communication, in part, because people don’t understand how to use email correctly.
Too often, an email is sent when a simple phone call or personal visit might suffice. Or an email is sent with very unclear or confusing subject lines.
The result? Poor communication, lack of clarity and over-crowded In-boxes.
This training can help your organisation or team use email much more effectively. Learn to write more effective emails that get the right response.
- Comprehensive Training Manual
- 4 Weeks of Email Coaching/Follow Up
When to Email and when not to Email
To send or not to send, that is the question. In fact it is the first question you should ask. Developing some understanding as to when and when not to use email is the first step to beginning to change the culture in your organisation. We explore when email is the right communication tool to use. When are other options more effective?
Writing Effective Emails
Once you decide to send an email, then you want to be concerned about:
- Brevity – when writing your email
- Writing emails with the end in mind
- Writing effective Subject Headings
- When to CC or BCC when sending emails
- Sending Attachments with emails
- And more…
Responding to Emails
- STOP – before you send your email
- Responding timely to emails
- Managing expectations of others with email
Using Outlook/Lotus Notes Tools
Both MS Outlook and Lotus Notes have features that can help you send more effective emails.
- Spell Checking your email
- Read and Delivery Receipts
- Send Options you have with emails
Our Productivity with Email program has been especially designed to run In-house for organisations who:
- Wish to reduce the amount of email traffic within their organisations
- Wish to see staff communicate more effectively when using email
- Want to see a change in their culture around how email is actually used
- Are looking to see increased productivity and reliability around how emails are used
Contact us to discuss this program in more detail. Call 02 6056 8887 or email Geoff Prior
We have offices in Albury Wodonga, Melbourne and Perth but can travel anywhere within Australia to deliver this program.