Master your Inbox with our Productivity with Outlook Online training
Microsoft Outlook is an incredibly underutilized program. Everyone knows how send/recieve emails etc, however, Microsoft Outlook can do much more than that. There are so many simple tools and tips that can help people manage their emails and workloads more effectively! Our Productivity with Outlook Online training is based on our popular Half-Day Productivity with Outlook training but structured to better suit online delivery.
Two, 2-hour online sessions that can be undertaken with a short gap between them to faciliate better learning outcomes.
Session 1 – Manage your Inbox using the 4Ds (2Hrs)
In this power-packed 2-hour session, I will show you how to totally change the way you manage your Outlook Inbox, your Email Folders and Email Search!
The Email Problem
- Dealing with Email overload
- Email – Great Servant/Poor Master
- To email or not to email?
- When to check emails (Are you overchecking?)
- Emails and Multi-Tasking
Create your Outlook Dashboard
- Understand your Outlook Ribbon options
- Tidy up & customise your Inbox Columns
- Create your Outlook Inbox Dashboard View (Unique)
- Tracking conversations in Outlook
Working Smarter with Folders/Search
- Use your Email Folders more effectively
- Learn to use the powerful Outlook Search feature effectively
Managing Email using the 4Ds
- Smart ways to handle an email once
- Monitoring your Email Radar
- The 4Ds of managing your email
- Focusing your Inbox using Email Rules
- Learn smart ways to track/follow up important emails quickly!)
- Using Email Search Folders
Session 2 – Manage your Workload using Outlook Tasks (1.5 Hrs)
In the second power-packed session I will demonstrate how Outlook can be used to manage your entire workload, not just your email…and in a busy and fast-paced digital environment. You will quickly learn the benefits of using Outlook Tasks as your primary to-do list, in conjunction with Microsoft To Do. I will demonstrate how you can customise and create your ultimate To Do List and throw away your paper to do list forever as a result!
Using Outlook Tasks
- Various ways to create a Task
- Recurring Tasks
- Assigning Outlook Tasks to others
- Managing your Task list simply and quickly
- Explore the various Task views you can use
- Introducing MS To Do (Tasks on Phone)
Using the To Do Bar
- Customise your To Do Bar
- Using the To Do Bar
- Tasks & your Calendar
- Ditching your paper To Do List
Outlook Calendar as Planner
- Start Day in your Calendar
- Open in new Window
- Calendar Colours with Categories
- Meetings & Tracking options
1 Hour Follow Up/Check in (Optional)
In order consolidate the learning from this program, we recommend a 1 Hour (Online) session about 2-3 weeks after session 2 is completed. The purpose of this optional session is to answer any additional questions and assist attendees in fine-tuning their approach to managing their emails in Outlook. I will also introduce a few more advanced concepts to help people save time writing and managing emails. (Email Templates, Quick Steps, Quick parts, Conditional Formatting, etc)
Our Outlook productivity training (Online) includes:
- a comprehensive training manual
- one month of personalised follow-up via email
- access to a trainer for one month
- measurement of participants’ skill levels before and after the training using our online Productivity Skills Questionnaire.
Flexible Delivery Options
We can tailor our Online Productivity with Outlook training to suit your organisation or team’s individual needs. You can choose to do Session 1 only and/or Session 2. You can also go on to do our Advanced Outlook training to get the full benefit and experience we offer.
Both sessions have been designed to flow on from each other, but they can be customised it to suit your requirements. We can run this Online training training via Microsoft Teams or Zoom or any other Platform you choose
Hi Geoff. Firstly thank you for the training! It has changed my outlook life! Since the training I have been using outlook how you suggested (changing the visuals, using to do lists, using the 4D’s approach). I have noticed I am definitely more organised and able to remember to follow up things more easily. My inbox is no longer overwhelming and checking it is not a daunting task. I have also noticed I am spending less time in my inbox and more time doing work which has improved my productivity. Karmen – Planning Enforcement, Local Government Melbourne.