Learn problem solving tools and techniques
Our Problem Solving training is a highly practical session aimed at introducing participants to the problem solving process and the various “quality” tools that can be used to solve workplace problems. Initially, many of these tools were introduced as part of the “Quality”, “Continuous Improvement” or “Lean” methodologies, however these tools and techniques can be used by anyone in a variety of work place situations.
Participants are encouraged to bring along work examples of problems at work that can be work-shopped by the group throughout the day.
- Some Common Pitfalls in Problem Solving
- Introduce Problem Solving process and Tools
- Identify and Define the Problem
- Gather and Analyse the Information (Data)
- Identify Possible Causes
- Select Best Solution(s)
- Develop and Implement Action Plan
- Measure and Control
- Case Study/Example supplied by LCS
- Group activities on Problem Solving Tools
Problem Solving Tools
- The sorts of tools we will be introducing are:
- Developing Problem Statements, Pareto analysis
- Check Sheets for data collection
- Cause and Effect
- Force Field Analysis
- Root Cause, Flow Charting
- Six Thinking Hats
- Gantt Charts
- Trend Charts, etc
We present these problem solving tools in the context that you would typically use them and give people some opportunity to practice them using a variety of different scenarios.
Contact us to discuss this program in more detail.
Call 02 6056 8887 or email Geoff Prior – email@example.com